Sunday, January 27, 2002

(3,015 grams or 6 lbs. 10.4 oz.)

The best part about today was seeing my Dad. He's been really busy with the Olympics and has not been able to leave the Olympic Village much. He sat and watched me for a long time, then snuggled and rocked me after Mom tried breastfeeding me. I've lost nearly a pound in the last three days, which is a good thing since I was very swollen. I am feeling much better and have been very alert and interactive. They took me off the remaining sedative (Versed) I was on for my surgery and I am feeling great. My oxygen levels have been really low and I am getting stronger every day. Mom was able to give me a tub bath tonight since all of my IV's have been removed. It was great! Now Mom and I have to get back to breastfeeding then I will be ready to come home. I can't wait and neither can Mom or Dad!

No comments: